Recipe: Roasted Tomatoes with Shrimp and Feta
It’s a well documented fact that I am a Pinterest addict. If love pinning new crafts, foods, or clothing ideas. While I love finding new things, every once in a while, I’ll stumble upon a recipe for a dish that I’ve made before but that I’ve totally forgotten about. This is one of those recipes.
I haven’t made Roasted Tomatoes with Shrimp in a very long time. I’m basically the only one in my house who would eat this, so that’s probably why I forgot all about. I found the recipe a while back, but was waiting for some fresh, locally grown tomatoes to make it. Last week when I stopped at the farmers market, I grabbed a bunch of ripe tomatoes.
This recipe is insanely simple. It’s takes about 40 minutes start to finish, but hands on, it’s only about 10 minutes.
Gather 3 or 4 ripe tomatoes, olive oil, lemon juice, 1 pound of shrimp, salt, fresh parsley, garlic and feta cheese.
Slice tomatoes into 8 to 10 pieces. Place in an oven safe baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with minced garlic. Generously sprinkle each tomato with salt.
Cook at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove dish from oven. Stir in shrimp, lemon juice and parsley. Sprinkle feta cheese on top and return the dish to the oven for 15 minutes or until the shrimp is fully cooked.
You can serve with pasta or bread. Enjoy!
- 3 to 4 ripe tomatoes cut into 8 to 10 slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- kosher salt
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Heat oven to 450° F.
- Slice tomatoes and place the tomatoes in a baking dish
- Drizzle with olive oil and garlic
- Generously salt each tomato slice
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove baking dish from oven and stir in the shrimp, parsley, and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle feta cheese on top
- Bake for an addition 10 to 15 minutes or until shrimp is fully cooked.
- Serve with bread or pasta
This work, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.